Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Illustration contract work...

This is the sketch I made prior to hand painting the signs that hang above the front and rear of his restaurant located in Berkeley, CA on Shattuck Avenue. Can you believe I painted this sign in his kitchen...during business hours?! Notice how I misspelled his name. Good thing he didn't mind...

This was my first contract work. I was 16 at the time, so my mom was my agent and landed me a gig illustrating the album cover for a local children's folklore song writer, Jose Luis Orozco...

This is a T-shirt design for local attorney-at-law, Lawrence B. Brown. The character is his cartoon alter-ego, "Lawyer Brown". Even though he was lawyer, he had a very good eye for composition and a good sense of humor. His input throughout the various projects we worked on helped shape the final product to be the best that it can be...

No comments: